We are currently seeking a Forklift Operator in our Miami Plant.
The Forklift Operator is an individual who operates the equipped industrial forklift to move hazardous and non-hazardous materials in the warehouse facility and to load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. Forklift Operators report maintenance and safety issues related to the equipment, machines, and electrical components of the forklift.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts of the industry to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas
- Organizing and securing stored materials such as bales, super sacks, boxes, pallets, drums, and so on
- Loading or unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, or lifting devices
- Performing routine post and pre-inspections to ensure suitable working nature of forklift equipment
- Reporting to supervisor regarding any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards
- Weighing products or materials, and recording weight and further product information on labels and tags
- Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, equipment manufactures, and employees regarding unloading and loading operations
- Wrapping material loads with a wrapper and ensuring the warehouse area is clean
- Completing forklift operator training provided by the industry annually
- Handle, store and classify medical and hazardous waste as per request
- Ability to provide transportation and travel to Fort Lauderdale for additional safety training as needed
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential job duties
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks
Cliff Berry Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.